The laws associated with Fuel Handling are pertinent not only to the individual filling up their vehicle, but also to their supervisor. This is why it is vital that both groups receive up-to-date training on this often overlooked subject. To ensure the safety of everyone, this should never be taken for granted.
Who Should Attend
All workers and vehicle drivers who refuel equipment at the municipal yards, marinas or at other remote jobsites.
Classroom Topics of Discussion
- Legislative requirements
- Responsibilities of workplace parties
- Terminology of the fuels handling industry
- Safe fuels handling practices and use of personal protective equipment
- Recognition of unsafe practices at the fuel pumps
- Inspection of exterior and interior of pump and dispenser
- Emergency response procedures
- Procedures for spills or leaks
Practical, Hands-on Activities
Student Book, Test, Operator Training Summary, Certificate of Completion