This course is currently only offered in Canada and New York State.
Uniquely designed to reduce time spent loading/unloading materials, this vehicle is often used to deliver items such as roof trusses and waste disposal bins. Much like any other piece of heavy equipment, an operator must be aware of his/her surroundings at all times – particularly because the Roll-Off Truck operates similar to a Dump Truck. Failure to maintain complete awareness may cause damage to nearby property, or worse, may result in injury to workers in the vicinity. Comprehensive training for this equipment greatly reduces the likelihood of accidents and increases operator productivity.
Who Should Attend
Any person responsible for operating a roll-off truck.
Classroom (only) Topics of Discussion
Approx. 4 hrs.
- Equipment Design & Function
- Pre-Start Inspections
- Safety & Stability Considerations
- Preventative Maintenance
- Loading Container
- Defensive Driving Techniques
- Scanning the road
- Collision Avoidance
- Load Securement (Roll-off Specific)
- How cargo securement principles apply to roll-on/roll-off and hook-lift containers
- Requirements to properly secure roll-on/roll-off and hook-lift containers
- Number, placement, and types of cargo securing devices
- When securement systems are not in compliance
Practical, Hands-on Activities
- Pre-Trip Inspection
- Controls Review
- Check Ride
Student Book, Test, Operator Training Summary, Certificate of Completion