While operating any motor vehicle you must be fully prepared for the situation, including anticipating and reacting quickly to the actions of other drivers. We know that we are safe drivers but how do we know the other guy is? We can never assume that we are sharing the road with equally safe drivers, so it is imperative that you and your staff be prepared for the worst.
Defensive driving teaches proactive behaviour and rapid assessment skills which allow drivers to identify potential problems before they occur, so that they may react appropriately and be prepared to take corrective action.
Who Should Attend
Drivers of all types of cars, trucks or buses.
Classroom Topics of Discussion
Approx. 4 hrs.
- Getting Started, Sitting Properly
- Hands: Where Should They Be, Why Should They Be There
- Seatbelts: What Every Driver Needs To Know!
- Mirrors; A Reflected View
- Where You Should Be Looking
- Brakes: How To Employ Them
- How to See and Be Seen
- On and Off Ramps
- City Driving
- Collision Avoidance
Practical, Hands-on Activities
- Obstacle course
- Vehicle maneuverability
- Clearance restrictions
- Pre-trip inspection procedures
Student Book, Test, Operator Training Summary, Certificate of Completion