Operator Supervisory Course
Reintroduced in 2018, the Operator Supervisory Course is a multi-tiered training program designed for both Municipal and Private sector Supervisors in the heavy equipment and agricultural industries. Supervisors leave training armed with a better understanding of their roles, their due diligence and their expectations as an Operator Supervisor. Topics covered include health and safety issues, legal responsibilities, pre-trip inspection procedure and its importance as well as personnel safety and conduct standards.
Onsite Training Options
Please contact us if you are interested in onsite training for your team. We will provide you with customized quote to meet your needs.
Classroom Topics (Level 1)
- Due diligence: what is it and what does it mean to me?
- Your legal responsibilities
- Documentation and record keeping
- Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA)
- Highway Traffic Act
- Appropriate pre-trip inspections
- Operator competency and what you need to look for
- Information sources for safety and/or legal issues
- Recognizing and identifying safety infractions (using real life scenarios)
Classroom Topics (Level 2)
This portion of the course is Vehicle-Specific and begins by covering safe productivity with a focus on components and control identification, safety and warning symbols, pre-start procedures, starting procedures and after starting checks.Supervisors then review vehicle operation and safety, machine shut-down, advantages and limitations, attachments, load securement, tie-down and preventative maintenance. Taught from a Supervisor’s
perspective, participants gain a better understanding of the vehicle operation and learn to recognize and remedy any worker safety and/or production deficiencies.
Tractor Loader Backhoe, Front End Loader, Motor Grader
Who Should Attend:
Supervisors, at all levels, who are involved in the
municipal, construction or landscaping industries.
- Understand applicable industry equipment operation safety standards
- Understand the basic concepts of equipment design, operation and maintenance
- Gain familiarity with equipment controls and specifications
- Promptly correct unsafe work practices or hazardous conditions
Each student will
receive a comprehensive course
manual, as well as a recent edition of
the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
exam (multiple choice)