Confined Space Entry
Accidents happen in a flash but when they involve a confined space the requirements involved in rescuing the injured party are very detailed. A thorough training course not only helps everyone understand what a confined space is but also what is necessary before entering one.
Onsite Training Options
Please contact us if you are interested in onsite training for your team. We will provide you with customized quote to meet your needs.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who supervises individuals entering and working within a confined space as well as the Confined Space Entry Supervisor, Attendant and Entrant(s).
Classroom Topics of Discussion
- The legislative requirements (Government Regulations, CSA Standards and Manufacturers’ Guidelines and Principles);
- The duties and responsibilities of workplace stakeholders;
- The procedures for Permit-Required Confined Space Entry and Non-Permit Confined Space Entry, including how to complete confined space entry and hot work permit(s);
- The proper use of air testing equipment to ensure accurate test results;
- Self-rescue and non-entry rescue techniques.
Practical, Hands-on Activities
To successfully pass this course, participants must demonstrate the following:
- The capability to complete a confined space entry permit prior to entering the confined space;
- The proper setup and use of rescue equipment, including tripod, rope and harness;
- An understanding of proper rescue plans and procedures;
- An understanding of practical entry into and evacuation from confined space(s);
- The ability to perform a proper lock-out/tag-out procedure.
Certificate of Completion