Uniquely designed to speed up loading/unloading this vehicle is often used in the delivery of such items as roof trusses and waste disposal bins. Operating much like a dump truck the operator of the truck must know his surroundings at all times. Failure to do so may end up causing damage to nearby property, or worse, may result in injury to workers in operating in the same vicinity. Training for this type of equipment will help ensure the possibility of an accident is greatly reduced and will definitely increase your operator’s productivity.
Onsite Training Options
Please contact us if you are interested in onsite training for your team. We will provide you with customized quote to meet your needs.
Who Should Attend
Any person responsible for operating a roll-off truck.
Classroom (only) Topics of Discussion
Approx. 4 hrs.
- Equipment Design & Function
- Pre-Start Inspections
- Safety & Stability Considerations
- Preventative Maintenance
- Loading Container
- Defensive Driving Techniques
- Scanning the road
- Collision Avoidance
- Load Securement (Roll-off Specific)
- How cargo securement principles apply to roll-on/roll-off and hook-lift containers
- Requirements to properly secure roll-on/roll-off and hook-lift containers
- Number, placement, and types of cargo securing devices
- When securement systems are not in compliance
Practical, Hands-on Activities
- Pre-Trip Inspection
- Controls Review
- Check Ride
Student Book, Test, Operator Training Summary, Certificate of Completion