General Safety Training
Our Trenching training course is of particular importance to all attendees so that anyone involved in any excavations within your municipality understand the causes of cave-ins and know how to prevent same.
The training program is a ½ day (approx. 4 hours) classroom course for the student operator at a venue within the Municipality for this program. The following topics are thoroughly covered:
- Soil Types
- Causes Of Cave-Ins
- Protection Against Cave-Ins
- Other Hazards And Safeguards
- Emergency Procedures
- Excavation Safety
- ORCGA Best Practices
- Shoring vs. Sloping
Who Should Attend:
Any person responsible for operating or supervising backhoe/excavator or trenching operations.
Upon successful completion, participants will be able to:
- Know and understand the legislation governing pre-trip inspections
- Identify and apply trip inspection procedures in accordance with applicable standards and regulations
- Understand new Ministry of Transportation regulations governing minor/major defects
Evaluation/Documentation: Theory exam. Each successful participant will be provided with a course certificate and the employer will receive a written operator training summary.